If you are thinking of moving to Ascension Parish, Louisiana, or even if you are visiting for a couple of days, you will definitely enjoy this historical place. Founded in 1807 and named after the Ascension of Our Lord Church, the area is filled with an air of rich history.
Moving to a new place can be quite hectic sometimes and you need to quickly find good places to eat. This article aims to give you a few great restaurants to choose from.
1. Mike Anderson’s Seafood – Are you a football fan with a good taste for food? This is the restaurant for you. Having operated for the past 30 years, the restaurant has mastered the art of preparing exceptional meals and pampering customers.
2. Roberto’s River Road Restaurant – Located down the River Road, this cosy restaurant offers a casual atmosphere and incredible food. It boasts of having some of the finest Louisiana cuisines and caters for lunch, dinner or outside catering.
3. The Cabin Restaurant – Providing good food since 1973, this little gem gives a sample of Southern Louisiana history. It was originally one of the ten original slave dwellings of the Monroe plantation. The Cabin Restaurant offers extensive menus to cater to all their customer’s needs.
4. Oak Alley Plantation Restaurant – If you are looking to experience original traditional Southern Cajun/Creole dishes, this is the place to go. The ambience of the plantation gives you the feeling like you are in a storybook, with its huge canopy and historic building. If you would like to spend the night, the Oak Alley Plantation is a great choice.
5. City Pork Brasserie & Bar – If you want to have a good time in Louisiana with great pork and a beer in hand, this is the place to go. They have a take home menu available on Tuesdays so if you are having guests in the house and you are not in the mood for cooking, City Pork Brasserie & Bar will cater to your needs.
6. Parrain’s Seafood – All oyster lovers are bound to enjoy eating at this restaurant. It prides itself on offering some of the best seafood you can possibly eat. The service is great and it offers a friendly and relaxed ambience for group dinners or even if you have a special date.
7. Roux 61 – This restaurant offers a tasty seafood and grill menu. Whether you are looking to have a delicious burger or exotic shrimp and alligator cheesecake, this is the restaurant for you. They pride themselves in having exceptional skills to cater to your needs. You can also choose to order takeout and be sure to experience a mush-up of Southern flavours even from the comfort of your home.
Ascension Parish, Louisiana offers a wide variety of restaurants to cater to your specific need. Be it a quick meal or fine dining, you are sure to find the restaurant for you. Experience the culture of the city through their food.