Checklist: What You Need Your First Night In Your New Home.
The first night in a new home is super exciting but also hectic. We tend to forget about the little things when the boxes start arriving that we will need. Here is a checklist of items that you should have with you as soon as you get the keys to your new home.
The Must Haves
- Toilet paper
- hand soap
- tooth brushes
- clean towels
- clean clothes for the next day (just in case you can’t find your clothing boxes)
For the Kids
- A full complete diaper bag
- Sleep wear and a change of clothes
- soft blankets and or sleeping bag
- a small amount of toys
- coloring books and crayons
- DVD portable for watching movies
- Crackers and chip’s
- Plastic utensils
- Paper towels and napkins
- Take out menu’s of local restaurants
- Granola bars and breakfast type foods
- A cooler full of ice
- COFFEE Maker and all the items to make that magical brew. (coffee cups)
- Any pet food, pet beds and chew toy for your fur babies
- Bottled water
Thing’s you didn’t think of.
- Hammer and picture nails
- Trash bags
- Kitchen scissors
- Flash light
- Chargers for all your devices you carry
- Pen and paper
- Sharpie markers (keep them from the kids, lol)
- Important documents like birth certificates and social security cards.
These are just a few main things that I always carry with me when I move. Hopefully, this will help from not having to run out as soon as you walk into your new home. Congratulations! It’s now time to celebrate.
“Because YOU Matter”
Your Real Estate Whisperer
eXp Realty LLC
LAKE CHARLES, LA 70601
Office (225) 412-9982 ext# 149