What Time Is Trick Or Treat Time In Ascension Parish 2018?
I LOVE Halloween! Over the years I’ve even decided to dress up myself. Why not let the kid inside come out for a night? Here in Ascension Parish every year there is always a question if Halloween will be on a weekday (If October 31st falls on one) or will it be changed to a weekend prior to October 31st. This year will be no different than any other year. Halloween will be on October 31st, 2018.
“The Ascension Parish Council has set its trick-or-treating hours for Halloween. On Oct. 31, children can trick-or-treat between the hours of 6 p.m. and 8 p.m. All children must be chaperoned by an adult. Those participating are urged to observe safety precautions, use flashlights and avoid walking on main or heavily traveled highways.”
Here Are Some Lagniappe Safety Tips To Keep You Safe This Halloween In Ascension Parish.
- An adult should always accompany young children on the neighborhood rounds.
- If your children are older and will be going alone, plan a route together that is acceptable to you so you know where your children will be going.
- Be sure to agree on specific time children should be back home, and make sure they have a way to track the time.
- Be sure to tell your children not to enter anyone’s car, stranger or otherwise, no matter how tired their little legs may be.
- Make sure to tell your children to walk only in familiar, well-lit areas and stay with their friends
- Let your children know, as tempting as it may be, not to eat any treats until they return home (you’ll want to review all candy that’s in the bag; never eat candy with opened wrappers)
- Be sure to check to see if all pieces of the costume are fire resistant.
- Check any masks that are being worn to see if they obstruct the view for the child. Be sure they can see properly to watch for cars and where they are walking. As you know, we have some rather deep ditches in front of many properties.
- Add reflective tape and use glow sticks so they are easily seen at night.
- Test your Halloween makeup beforehand! I know from personal experience that some Halloween makeup can be extremely irritating to small faces. My 4-year-old had hers off in five minutes after I had spent 45 mins applying it. As annoyed as I was, after it was removed, her face was as red as a beet, I felt horrible that I hadn’t checked to see if she was allergic to that particular makeup. So, that year she was a clown with a red face!
I hope you found this useful for you here in Ascension Parish. Please Stay Safe! I tell you all this “Because YOU Matter”.
Your Real Estate Whisperer
eXp Realty LLC
2900 Westfork Dr. Suite 401
Baton Rouge LA 70817
Office (225) 412-9982 ext# 149